Sunday 17 February 2013

Little progress

I was fully intending yesterday to carry on with this after returning from the shop and having lunch but things kinda blew up in my face after that and I spent most of the afternoon in bed in a bad mood.

I was attempting to put away my washing, which is difficult enough for me when I have no motivation.  I like to have background noise so I put a DVD on.  It was shaky and kept skipping.  Ok, my bluray player does that from time to time, so I tried one of my bluray discs.  Hmm, that message isn't good.  This disc cannot be played.  I'm pretty sure that's not right seeing as I've watched it loads.  Ok, so I haven't watched that one recently.  I'll try one of the others I know I've watched recently.  It loads, it stops, it loads, it stops.  This disc cannot be played.  Seriously?!

Luckily my brother paid me back some money I lent him at the beginning of the month so I bought myself a new player.  The one I had was an old one my brother gave me which he got from someone else so goodness knows how old it was! Less than £50, bargain! Good make, too.  I've heard of Sony.

We go to install it and my TV is so old the connections are wrong.  This is a bit too much for me by this point.  We've tried everything! Looked for adapter wires, no luck.  Tried the other port, the wires don't fit.

So after all this I ended up in bed, blocking everyone out and hiding under the covers playing a game on my laptop because it kept my hands warm!

In the end, dad unhooked their DVD player from downstairs and put it in my room for me so I can at least watch my DVDs if not my blurays.

Anyway, today was a different story.  After church we went straight into town to get my glasses.  I'll be picking them up next Sunday.  I chose purple ones (fancy that, I hear from people who know me!!)

I played on my game again for a little while then went back downstairs to watch some DVDs with mum and dad while I did today's work on Cat.  Dad had to go and get the player and put it back downstairs again then return it to my room when we were finished with it downstairs.

So, anyway, all in all, an eventful weekend for mostly the wrong reasons.  Tomorrow I have the afternoon off and I'm going to Asda to buy a new TV and an HDMI wire so I can actually have some things that work for me! Lol
Day 8

2 comments:

  1. How frustrating! I'm sure they do it just so we have to spend more money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most likely. Seems to be the way things work these days, but hey ho.

      Delete