Wednesday 16 January 2013

Happy birthday, Mum!

I didn't get much of an opportunity to do stitching today.  Although I had the day off, it was my mum's 50th birthday, so we spent the day with her.  It was for that reason that I took the day off actually, so thought I probably should! We went to Hobbycraft.  So could have spent a fortune on all the beautiful kits that were reduced in the sale but I'm completely skint for the next two weeks until payday.  We went into Pizza Hut for lunch which was awesome as always! After that we went into Fareham to do a little more shopping.  Wanted to get some shoes for work using a gift card I got for Christmas, but once again, the shop it was for let me down.  Told me they don't do the shoes I was looking for in the colour I wanted.  Strange, but we found some at the back of the store in the sale but they weren't my size.  Even though the hanger said they were.  Useless in the organisation department, them.  But anyway, then we went home where Mum had a beautiful bunch of flowers waiting for her.  I grabbed my sewing kit to do round our friend's house, then it was back home to get ready for our meal out.  Again!  When we got home I did another few lengths.  Only a little, but more than yesterday and as Emma/Itzy said, every stitch counts.  And quite a few of the stitches I did this evening were cream thread so they don't show up particularly well!

Day 23

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh it bugs me when I have white/cream stitches to do, away you stitch and it looks like nothing has been achieved! Nevermind, it will be worth it all in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't quite so bad with the cream because it's a baby blue shade of Aida, but still. The sections were very small and widely spread!

      Thanks for the comment, it's so encouraging to see that people are following my progress! :-D

      Delete